Itty Bitty Buggy
Itty Bitty Buggy is a programmable robot designed to promote coding and computer skills. It is a small, wireless robot that can be programmed using block-based coding on a computer or tablet. The robot can be programmed to move, turn, and perform other actions based on the sequence of code that is created by the user.
Itty Bitty Buggy is useful for promoting coding skills because it provides a fun and engaging way for children to learn about programming concepts. It promotes creativity and imagination while also developing logical reasoning and critical thinking skills.
In a public library setting, Itty Bitty Buggy can be used in a variety of ways to engage children in hands-on learning experiences related to programming and coding. Here are a few possible ways that Itty Bitty Buggy could be used in a library:
- Workshops and Classes: The library can offer workshops or classes on how to use Itty Bitty Buggy, which can be open to all ages or targeted to specific age groups, such as elementary school children or teenagers. These workshops can cover topics such as programming, logic, and creative problem-solving.
- Drop-in Activities: The library can offer drop-in activities where children can explore and play with Itty Bitty Buggy at their own pace. This can be a fun and engaging way to promote learning and creativity while also providing a safe and welcoming space for children to spend time at the library.
- Group Activities: The library can host group activities where children work together to program and control Itty Bitty Buggy robots. This can be a fun and engaging way to teach teamwork and collaboration, as well as programming and problem-solving skills.
Some of the things that can be made with Itty Bitty Buggy include:
- Line Following: The robot can be programmed to follow a line on the ground using sensors that detect the contrast between the line and the surface.
- Obstacle Avoidance: The robot can be programmed to detect and avoid obstacles in its path using sensors that detect the proximity of objects.
- Light Following: The robot can be programmed to follow a light source using sensors that detect the brightness and direction of the light.
- Remote Control: The robot can be controlled using a remote control feature that allows users to move the robot and perform actions using a smartphone or tablet.
Itty Bitty Buggy also allows for developing computer skills related to artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning. By programming the robot to perform actions based on certain conditions, such as detecting objects or following a line, using voice control, and more children can learn about the basic concepts of AI and machine learning.
Overall, Itty Bitty Buggy is a great tool for engaging library patrons in hands-on, creative learning experiences that promote programming and coding skills and encourage imagination and exploration. The library can work with educators or STEM specialists to develop programming or curriculum around Itty Bitty Buggy, and can tailor the activities to meet the needs and interests of the library's patrons.